Colombia - Cali

What can I say about Cali... I simply fell in love. When arriving in this city I had 6 weeks of my trip left - was planning to stay a few night and then move on to visit at least 3 more places in Colombia. Let's just say I need to go back to Colombia because I never saw anything apart from Cali... Hell, I didn't even make it to the fruit tour that departed from my hostel because I was so busy dancing!

My favourite party was one that started in a corner shop where people were buying drinks and dancing to some music in the shop and on the street. Turned out one of the guys there owned a newly opened dance club... he told everyone to come with him and he opened up the place jus for us! :)

The normal schedule of the day involved a couple of dance classes starting around noon, some hanging out at the hostel in the hammocks/cooking/around the neighbourhood, and then party till 4a! The next day repeat... There was often late night snacks from in front of La Topa and many cuban sandwiches from the place on the corner from the hostel - the knew me there ;-) I also went on a party bus once and it was HORRIBLE ;-) and to normal clubs a few times. But meh, salsa clubs where the best :)

I hung out mostly with a few girls that also stayed there for a while... I especially liked the blonde German girl from my room who used to dance ballet. I also met some local people both at the dance school I frequented and at the clubs. I also met Paulina towards the later part of my stay!

Comments